by Adam Halseth
PT, DPT, SCS | North Scottsdale
Going out on the golf undertow and playing a resulting game is a goal for many golfers. However, it’s worldwide for golfers to suffer from injuries that stupefy their game. For example, if your soul is not ratherish prepared when the season starts, you could swing incorrectly, which often leads to injuries, worse performance, and frustration. Physical therapy can modernize your swing, reduce or eliminate golf-related injury pain, modernize agility, modernize power for hitting longer drives, modernize strength and mobility, and help prevent injuries.
Common Golf Swing Issues
- Poor wastefulness and stance
- Poor posture
- Decreased neck, shoulder blades, mid-back, and hips motion
- Golfers with muscle tightness, joint restriction, or poor soul mechanics can struggle to execute their golf swings consistently.
Related content >> Most Worldwide Golf Injuries Treated by Physical Therapy
5 Most Worldwide Golf Injuries
- Hunching and rotational stress
- Shoulder pain
- Rotator mitten issues
- Tennis Elbow or irritation from inflammation of the elbow’s inner tendon
- Knee pain from stabilizing and hip rotation during a swing.
Related content>> Why Your When Hurts When Playing Golf
Physical Therapy for Golfers
An integrated physical therapy evaluation and treatment plan can help maximize your worthiness to transfer energy through the soul to the club with largest efficiency and speed. Your therapist can guide you through exercises specifically designed to:
- Improve mobility of all joints. Limited mobility could stupefy your swing.
- Improve flexibility of your hips and shoulder musculature, as they are hair-trigger to your follow-through and backswing.
- Improve dynamic wastefulness and develop a plan for improved shot follow-through. Poor tenancy of hip, abdominal, and hip musculature can rationalization you to finish a swing off balance.
- Improve cadre strength, which is the wiring of a good golf swing.
4 Exercises To Modernize Your Golf Swing and Stave injury
Golfers can work on the strength and flexibility needed with these easy exercises:
Core muscles stupefy most movement and arm and leg function, so it’s imperative to have a strong and flexible cadre in golf. So planking is a unconfined static exercise you can perform anywhere to strengthen the core.
- Position your soul like you’re well-nigh to do a push-up
- Bend your elbows so your weight is on your forearms with feet together and pelvis down.
- Your soul and when should be unappetizing and in line. If washed-up correctly, your rectal muscles should finger engaged.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds or as long as possible.
- Repeat three times.
2. Standing Wood Chop
This exercise simulates chopping wood, which is similar in movement to a golf swing and is suitable for working on torque and flexibility. It can be washed-up using a dumbbell, medicine ball, or a subscription machine.
- Lift the weight or subscription whilom your throne in one direction.
- Keep your stovepipe straight while rotating the weight up toward the opposite side of your body.
- Slightly wrench your knees.
- At the lanugo stance, your hands should be positioned by your unorganized knee.
- Complete a set of 12 going one direction, then unorganized sides—complete three sets per side.
3. Dumbbell Raises/ Rotator Mitten Exercises
To stave rotator mitten tears that could take you yonder from the game and leave you needing pain management, incorporate strengthening exercises into your routine.
- Stand upright and hold light weights in each of your hands.
- Keep both stovepipe straight, and lift them out in front of you.
- The weights should be vertical, and your knuckles will squatter outward.
- Hold for a few seconds, then return your stovepipe to your side.
- Complete the exercise ten times per set for three sets.
4. Lateral Lunges
Lateral lunges modernize the range of motion in your hips, which is necessary for a good golf swing. Lunges require zero equipment and can be washed-up anywhere.
- Stand upright, then take a large step to one side, focusing your soul weight on that side.
- Your knee should be wilting on the side you stepped to, and your other leg should be extended out with your toes pointing forward.
- Push when up to a standing position to well-constructed one.
- Repeat 10-12 times per set, then unorganized sides.
- Complete three sets per side.
Increase Range of Motion to Modernize Golf Swing
Below are three spare exercises you can do at home to write the most worldwide limitations we see: mid-back mobility and hip mobility limitations. These exercises are unscratched and will start providing firsthand benefits to most golfers.
Related content>> Improve ROM for a Largest Golf Swing
If you are interested in improving your rotational power and flexibility, towers strength, and decreasing pain, request a golf towage to learn what you can improve. Don’t let your golf game suffer again. For increasingly information on physical therapy, preventative exercises, or tips on pain management to modernize your golf swing, contact your local Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy clinic.
About The Author Adam Halseth, PT, DPT, SCS
Adam is the Education Chair for the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) golf special interest group. As a result of his Titleist Performance Institute (“TPI”) Medical Level III certification, interactions with top medical and fitness providers in the golf industry, and numerous other training, Adam has ripened an in-depth understanding of specific golf training modalities. He is a board-certified Sports Clinical Specialist specializing in sports medicine and orthopedic physical therapy. Adam is passionate well-nigh working with all orthopedic and sports medicine conditions. Adam and his team work with professional athletes, adolescents to older adults, those preparing for or recovering from surgery, and anyone needing to overcome pain and injury.
The post Improve Golf Swing with Physical Therapy appeared first on Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy..